Palmtop Software announced today that it has released V-Rally on a Springboard module so Visor owners can burn rubber without burning memory space. Here are some features of the racing game:
Now this is an excellent use of the Springboard module to save space. V-Rally originally took over 300KB of space and now even 2MB Visor owners can play the game. It supports the Gameface and retails for £29.99, around $44 (compared with $29.99 for the software by itself).
- Race on over 40 Original Tracks and various terrains (Jungle, Hills, Plains, Deserts, Mountains and more)
- Choose from 4 Official World Rally Championship Cars (Peugeot 305 MAXI, Mitsubishi Lancer WRC, Ford Escort WRC, Subaru Impreza WRC)
- Tracks in 10 Locations (Indonesia, Safari, Corsica, New Zealand, Alps, United Kingdom, Greece, Argentina, Italy and Sweden)
- 3 race modes (arcade, championship, practice)
- Smooth Animations (Sliding, Skidding, Somersaulting and Crashes)
BTW, You can thank my working DSL connection for all of these late-evening news items. I finally got it working under Win2K!