Palm OS 3.5 Details
Palm Computing has announced what changes are going to be in the next version of the Palm operating system. Palm OS 3.5 will currently incorporate the following changes:
- The Graphics System supports for 1, 2, 4, and 8 bit color and grayscale.
- The Datebook's new Agenda view combines a view of a day's appointments with the day's ToDo tasks
- The Alarm dialog now has larger buttons, as well as a "Snooze" button
- When beaming an entire category, the receiver's dialog allows selection of the destination category in which to place the items
- The Title, Company, City, State and Country fields in the Address book support auto-completion of the input text
- Tapping the title tab of an application shows the menu bar
- Double-tapping on a word in a field selects it; triple-tapping selects the line
- Color picker to let users choose a RGB value, or entry from the active color palette
- Slider controls
- Graphic buttons
Many of these changes users have been wanting for a long time. Visor owners should note that while the Handspring Visor will not be able to directly upgrade to Palm OS 3.5, future incarnations of the Visor will most likely have a modified 3.5H. Also the release date of Palm OS 3.5 will most likely be sometime in 2000, most likely when the color Palm organizers come out.
For the complete overview, go to the Palm Development Forum.